Healthy Weight Loss Tips for Teens: How to Lose Weight Quickly Without Diet Pills
Healthy weight loss is important for teens. Losing weight too quickly or in an unhealthy way can be more harmful than good in the long run. You can lose weight quickly without using diet pills simply by following these easy weight loss tips.
- Make Healthy Food Choices. Swap unhealthy foods for healthier options. Trade in the chips and ice cream for carrots with hummus and yogurt. Not only does this help you save calories, it also provides better nutrition than the junk food.
- Exercise More.Get outside more often. Play, walk or run. Try a new team sport or grab a friend and try a round of tennis. What you choose to do isn’t important, just get moving. You’ll get sunlight, brighten your mood and spend less time in front of the TV and computer.
- Reduce Stress. Find new ways to deal with stress. Teens often turn to food for comfort. In the long run, this cycle of eating too much and then cutting way back on calories is not effective for weight loss. In fact, this type of yo-yo dieting can be especially dangerous for teens. Try new things like yoga, meditation or journaling to feel better without overeating.
- Don’t Drink Your Calories. Pay attention to how many calories are in your drinks. Skip the soda, juices and energy drinks. Stick with water, skim milk or green tea to avoid the extra calories and sugar.
- Don’t Stave Yourself. Don’t skip meals or starve yourself. A common misconception is that the less you eat the better. A starvation diet is not a healthy way to lose weight, however. It is important to eat enough to keep your body fueled and keep your metabolism burning. You can lose weight quickly without diet pills by eating smaller meals more frequently.
- Avoid Diet Pills. Don’t believe everything you read about losing weight. Diet pills advertise fast weight loss, but they are often dangerous, especially for teens. There is no such thing as a pill that provides quick and easy weight loss. The only way to safely and permanently lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume.
- Eat a Well Balanced Diet. Include a wide variety of foods in your diet. Don’t avoid any food groups. The trick is to eat everything in moderation, including sweets. Be sure to eat lean meats, whole grains, nuts, fruits, and vegetables for a well-rounded diet.
- Get Support. Dieting doesn’t have to be a battle you face on your own. Enlist help. Tell your parents, relatives, and friends about your lifestyle change and ask them for their support. Find one particular person who will act as your weight loss buddy. Walk together, discuss your ups and downs and work on losing weight together. It is important that you are accountable to someone for your progress.
These weight loss tips for teens are easy to follow and don’t require any special foods or diet plans. The idea is to gradually make lifestyle changes you can stick with for easy weight loss without diet pills.