Many people struggle with the thought of being fat, chubby, or overweight. Most of the time they are wrong, but sometimes, maybe some people need to cut back on the sweets and start eating healthy to lose weight. A diet is really a setback on junk foods, not something you use to starve yourself to lose weight. The human body depends on food to maintain the heartbeat, and be able to perform daily activities. Foods are filled with nutrients, which are classified as carbohydrates, minerals, water, proteins, and vitamins. So here are some tips on how to balance your meals and eat healthily.
1. Start off with a plan on why you need this diet, or plan what you will be eating during this diet; for example, if you just need it to eat healthily and cut back on sweets, or if you are really planning on losing weight are two good reasons why you want to begin a diet.
2. When you diet, make sure to have three balanced meals a day. One good balanced meal includes two to three servings of meat, dry beans, eggs, poultry, fish, and nuts, three to five servings of vegetables per day, two to three servings of dairy products, such as milk, cheese, and yogurt, per day, two to four servings of fruits per day, and six to eleven servings of whole grain wheat foods per day (such as bread, pasta, cereal, and rice). You may also eat snacks in between meals. I suggest having some bread with apples. If you want to lead a healthy diet, try focusing your attention more on dairy, wheat, and fruit groups. Try to eat the most wheat foods during the day to complete your recommendations for that particular group.
3. Only eat about one to two servings of sweet or fat foods per day. If not, don’t eat any. Sweets, fats, and junk food with a lot of sugar in them increase the chance of rising blood pressure and increase the chance of sicknesses.
4. FACT: The average human consumes more proteins than the body actually needs. Doctors and scientists recommend that protein takes up no more than ten percent of our daily foods.
FACT: Protein helps the body in several ways and is an important part of the daily food pyramid. Although vegetarians do not eat any meat products, they can simply regain the essential minerals and vitamins that protein provides by eating many grain foods, dried peas and beans, tofu, nuts, and several other items.
5. Fats are usually full of either salt or sugar. They contain nine calories of energy per gram, so the human body does not need many servings per day. Another thing that you need only ten percent of per day is saturated foods. Things like ice cream, to beef, from beef to doughnuts, are considered bad for you because they can be harmful to the heart and blood vessels.
Most typical Americans have from fifteen to fifty percent of their daily foods from fats. Scientists say that a diet with more than thirty percent of fats per day is very unsafe for the body.
6. Eat a variety of good foods. Do not only shower yourself with vegetables and fruits, thinking you will get the needed vitamins for the day. Different foods contain different amounts of vitamins and nutrients. For example, milk has large amounts of calcium, while oranges contain no calcium, but a lot of vitamin C. Sweet potatoes also have much of the vitamin A, but none of the vitamin C areas or Calcium areas you see in milk.
Well, thanks a lot for reading! I hope I didn’t bore you with anything. My point for this article is that a lot of people spend their time not eating and starving themselves on their diets, and it doesn’t help at all with losing weight. Well, maybe it does, but it keeps your body unstable and you unhealthy. Your body needs many minerals and healthy foods each day in order to remain healthy and in shape. Again, thanks for reading, and start eating healthy to lose weight!
(BIBLIOGRAPHY: Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia)