There are those of us who know we need to lose weight, so we start a diet, this time determined we are going to actually stick with it. Once we have done the research and found the right diet that will work for our own body needs, we need some diet tricks and diet tips to get us through this time.
There are some diet tricks for your weight loss program that are rather unique, so let’s be a sport and give them a try. Who knows, it may just be what we need to keep going.
If you feel a need for a high-calorie food item, make yourself work for it
The first of these diet tricks is to chew sugarless gum whenever you are preparing your meals. This may keep you from tasting the food more often than you need to. Another diet trick is just as easy. If you feel a need for a high-calorie food item, make yourself work for it. Either do some house cleaning such as dusting, vacuuming, or anything else that will burn calories. You can also do exercises instead of cleaning. Make sure you eat after your cleaning or exercising.
There are other diet tricks that may deter your food cravings. When you feel a craving for food:
- Take a warm shower or bath. This will help to relax you
- Give yourself a nice manicure complete with nail polish
- Call a very talkative friend or email several. Also, take the time to answer your emails.
- Drink some water or caffeine free diet soda. If you drink caffeinated soda, the caffeine will stimulate your appetite.
There are also diet tips that will help while eating a meal. Some of these include:
- Add tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts, cucumbers, etc to your sandwiches. They will act as good nutritious fillers.
- Drink a glass of water before a meal. This will help you to start feeling full.
- Use mustard instead of mayonnaise on your sandwiches. If you do not prefer mustard, use a healthy alternative.
- Avoid fried foods. Healthier ways of cooking meats are broiling, baking, or roasting.
- Chew your food slowly
- After each meal, chew some gum, brush your teeth, or floss. This will help you from starting to eat again.
- Avoid as much sugar as possible. Use spices instead of salt.
It is also very important to exercise on a daily basis. Especially when dieting. Set aside a certain time frame every day and stick to it. Sometimes, it is nice to exercise or diet with a friend. That way you can be accountable to each other. We can often use the support to keep us on the right path.
When you shop for groceries, eat a meal before you go.
Have a list ready and stick to it. Do not buy any junk food just because it’s on sale. It will be too easy to go to the cupboard and start snacking. Look at the labels of prepared food. Check for things such as calories, a number of calories from fat, and sodium and carb content per serving.
If you have limited willpower, always keep raw vegetables handy and in front of you whenever possible. Reach out and munch on them instead of a candy bar, or a second helping of other food while you are at the meal table.
It’s always good to set short-term goals. This way you can reward yourself when you have reached one. Buy yourself a non-food item, go to a movie, buy some new nail polish or go window-shopping and pick out the clothes you will buy when you reach your weight loss goal.
In closing, use whatever diet tricks or diet tips you find necessary to keep you on your weight loss diet plan. Be proud of every short-term goal you have accomplished along the way. Be proud also of the all the obstacles that you have overcome to reach your goal. Reward yourself often. Good luck.