With so many diet trends and weight loss programs on the market these days, it can be really confusing to know what works and what doesn’t work, what’s safe and what’s not. Many people fall into the trap of believing that there is a quick-fix for weight loss. This is a time, make a resolution to obtain permanent weight loss through healthy methods. No more quick-fix diet fads and unhealthy programs!
While there are many products available with claims of being an easy method, there are only a few ways to guarantee weight loss. Burning more calories than you consume (by exercising), consuming fewer calories than your burn (by dieting), and boosting your metabolism (getting your body to burn more calories while at rest and during exercise). A person who is very active and is used to moving and using their body all day long is sure to burn more calories than someone who is sitting at a desk all day. Even while the person who is active all day is resting, their body is still burning more calories!
Here are some great ways to increase your metabolism and get your body burning calories all day long!
1. Get Active – Try to incorporate more activity into your daily life. Whether walking to lunch, taking the stairs, or parking further away in a parking lot, try to get as much movement in as possible.
2. Eat throughout the day – This will prevent your body from having energy hi’s and low’s. It also gives your metabolism a steady stream of fuel so that it doesn’t have to store up energy (fat) for later.
3. Lift Weights – Bodies that contain more muscle use more fuel than bodies that contain more fat. Muscle is living, moving human parts that need fuel to operate. Fat stores are just that – stored fat, that is just sitting there waiting to be used. Converting your fat to muscle is a great way to boost your metabolism.
4. Drink Water – Help keep your body processes moving at full speed! Drinking water also keeps your organs functioning and moving, which also burns more calories.
5. Don’t do Fad Diets – They will only wreck your metabolism. Your body becomes confused when you starve it and then pig out. Yo-yo dieting causes your body to question when you will eat again, and begin to hold on to as much stored energy (fat) as possible.
Remember, the new year is a great time to make resolutions to change your way of life to a more healthy one, but you can start now no matter what day of the year is. Aim for permanent weight loss and increases in metabolism. This will help you to keep the weight off longer and enjoy the process much more.
If you are interested in how to burn unwanted fat visit http://simpleweightlossplans.com/15-day-diet-plan-revealed/.